Our Role at Lehigh
HVAC is responsible to maintain comfort cooling throughout campus on all building-wide systems. HVAC also assists in finding solutions for department-specific specialty cooling systems. The Service Level Agreement in the left menu further clarifies responsibilities.
Duties performed by our HVAC team on building-wide systems include:
- Preventative maintenance on all HVAC equipment including pumps, motors, fans, piping, values, and steam traps, etc.
- Changing filters on all air handlers, fan coils, unit ventilators, etc.
- Repairs and maintains all HVAC controls including pneumatic, electric and electronic
- Maintains and repairs all components of the steam distribution system in a building
- Maintains and repairs all water distribution systems in each building
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all light refrigeration equipment 20 tons or less
- Utilizing the automated building control system to ensure environmental comfort and to maximize energy savings