Lehigh University COVID-19 Precautions
To all our contractors who visit campus:
We ask that you remain vigilant and follow the same precautions as Lehigh staff and students as we monitor developments related to the Coronavirus Disease-2019 (COVID-19).
If you have been to any country the CDC has identified as Alert Level 2 or Warning Level 3; you are required to self-monitor for fever, cough, or shortness of breath and be symptom-free for at least 14 days before visiting campus. This requirement is in keeping with expectations also set for members of the Lehigh community.
Note that the list of affected countries may change at any time; check the CDC website for updates: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices
If your employees or subcontractors are experiencing symptoms you believe are in line with the COVID-19, please do not visit campus and seek medical assistance immediately. If you or your employees have a fever or a cough, your employees should not work on campus, minimize your exposure to others, and call your healthcare provider for additional guidance. You are to notify your point of contact at Lehigh immediately should there be any indication of a possible case of COVID-19.
The CDC reports symptoms of COVID-19 may appear in as few as two days or could take as long as 14 days after exposure. Visit the CDC website for additional guidance: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/steps-when-sick.html
The CDC recommends everyday preventative measures to prevent the spread of respiratory viruses including:
· Get your annual flu vaccine.
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
· If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
· Stay home when you are sick.
· Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
· Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Please contact your Lehigh point of contact if you have any questions.